Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Positive internal qi is also as important as the external qi. The positive attributes inside a property are crucial for one to enjoy the beneficial effect of the qi. One needs to ensure that the external forms comply before one looks at the internal.
The Main Door
Known as the qi mouth of a house, this is where qi flows in from the external. One needs to ensure there are no blockages internally or externally that leads to the main door. Qi needs to flow without hindrances.
Spot the Negative
- Blockages > Stand at the main door looking out, is there any blockages, for example, a phylon that can be seen from the main door. However, if the phylon is 1 km away or further, then it is not an issue. If this negative feature is near, for example, 500 m from your main door, then it will exert a bad sha qi known as “Piercing Heart”. This is very bad which will affect the occupant’s health, even the career. Other examples of negative features that should be avoided within the boundaries of the main door include pillars, water hydrants, small alleys, sharp roof, main gate, etc.
- Dark main door > Properties with a dark main door caused by the overshadowed huge tree in front of the door are to be avoided. This will create Yin Sha that affects one’s mental health.
- Another door aligned in a straight line with the main door > A back door that is aligned in a straight line with the main door is considered not good. This is because the qi will enter the main door and straight out through the back door.
However an open space in front of the main door aka “Bright Hall” is considered good. It is where qi settle, collect, before it disperses to one’s property.
The kitchen is important as it is where food is prepared, it is about the health of the occupants.
Spot the Negative
- Kitchen in the center of a house > One needs to avoid a kitchen that is located in the center of a house. The center of a house represents the heart of a house. It should be left subtle and peaceful for qi to flow. Thus this location should not be burn or overly active. The kitchen can be anywhere except the center.
- Water and Fire clash > Another no-no is water and fire clash. A sink is never placed next to a stove or opposite. L-shaped is fine, or a gap of 1-2 feet in between.
- Stove in front of an entrance > A stove should be located away from a door. The qi that enters the door will hit the stove which will create sha qi. The solution is to move the stove.
It is preferably to have a square or rectangular shape room as it represents the earth element. This element represents stability, thus it is beneficial for sleeping or working if one also uses the bedroom for work.
Spot the Negative
- Room shape > Odd shapes room is to be avoided to prevent unnecessary sharp corners and imbalance qi flow.
- The positioning of headboard > The headboard of a bed should be positioned against a wall as sleep is considered yin so as a wall as it does not move. This also creates stability when asleep. If the bed is positioned under a window, it will create imbalance qi as the window is considered yang. The wind from the window will also disrupt one’s sleep. A headboard should not be positioned against a corner of a wall even if it is your best direction. This will exert sha qi that will affect directly onto your head when you sleep.
- Corner of a wall > If your bedroom door is facing the edge of a wall, this will create sha qi. Thus either put up a cabinet to straighten the edge, or not to use this room as a bedroom.
However, a bedroom door that opens to a bright hall in front of the room is considered good, so that qi can settle, collect, before it distribute to the room.
What Is Important
- Whether one has a toilet above the kitchen or dining room nor bedroom, it has no issue if the height of the room is 15 feet and above. If below, then just move them so it does not stay directly below a toilet bowl.
- If your bed is positioned below a slanting ceiling, this will cause the qi to be imbalanced thus disrupt your sleep. The solution is to straighten the ceiling with some renovation. If this not possible, then the headboard needs to be relocated to the higher ceiling side, avoid the lower.
- Avoid property that has its main door tilted unless it is done by a Feng Shui master. This tilted door may create Edge Sha within the area.
What Is Not Important
- Headboard sharing the wall with the toilet – this is not a problem, and won’t affect the Feng Shui in a house.
- The main door facing a “Ba Gua” mirror from the opposite house. A belief that can ward off bad qi, but in actual fact, this has nothing to do with Feng Shui.
- Don’t be too concerned about house numbers, it is not relevant to Feng Shui. No. 4 or 13 won’t bring you bad luck, so as no 8 won’t bring you wealth too.
- The stove can be placed next to a fridge as the fridge does not represent water, thus no clash will happen in this case.
- The mirror faces a bed is not a concern at all, it is just an annoyance that disrupts your sleep due to the reflection surface. This has nothing to do with third party issue as well.
- It is alright to have open shelves in the bedroom, the shelves will not exert sha qi as claimed by some people.
If a property has too many bad features, one should consider other options as there is no point in buying a property that needs too many cures or fixes. It is not only impossible to do so, but it’s too time-consuming and it will be costly too.
In Feng Shui, a very simple rule to follow is to avoid the problems!
you may also like…
Aka Yin Metal, this Day Master represents beautiful jewelries, attractive decorative fine metal and gold….
The appearance of the spouse element in your BaZi chart shows the potential of meeting…
Also known as “Shi Shen” in Chinese, the Ten Gods do not relate to any…
The “Day Master” (DM) is you, it is all about you! It represents you in…
It is never too late to improve one’s self. Either you are in your twenties…
Ren Water aka Yang Water represented by a huge amount of water such as the…